Duration: 1 week
Location: Washington DC
Dates: 12 to 16 August 2019
Tuition fees: £2,300 (exc. VAT)
About the workshop
Trained project and programme management practitioners are essential for the successful delivery of strategic outcomes. Effective organisations are able to manage change by integrating sound project and programme methodologies, tools and techniques with their business operations.
This workshop will equip you with effective strategies, practical tools and techniques to identify, develop, plan, control and implement programmes and projects which are aligned to the objectives of your organisation. You will also benefit from extensive practical hands-on experience through group work on a series of realistic case study exercises. The tools and techniques studied are designed to be adaptable to meet an organisation’s specific needs and circumstances.
What the workshop will cover
During the workshop you will explore:
- How to identify the scope and objectives of projects and programmes and ensure that there is a clearly defined link to strategic and organisational goals
- The concepts of project appraisal, finance and costing and other factors that need to be evaluated when deciding whether a project should receive priority
- How to apply effective methods of project planning, scheduling and control
- How to identify and track project and programme benefits and risks
- Effective team management in a project environment.
How participants will benefit
The workshop will enable you to:
- Increase your capabilities to define, appraise, plan, implement and control programmes and projects to deliver strategic benefits to your organisation
- Effectively supervise, monitor and evaluate a range of programmes and projects
- Avoid the common causes of project failure by applying best practice in project and programme management
- Develop an excellent basis of knowledge and skills to advance to professional project and programme qualifications such as PRINCE2®, APM or PMI.