About the workshop
Leadership capability is crucial to the delivery of public services and to building an efficient and effective organisation fit for today and the future. This workshop will review the developments in public services and what it means for its leaders. Leadership is critical to organisational success and to ensure the workforce is aligned to contribute to a successful and responsive public service. This workshop will review the competences and impact that leaders need to make an impact in the changing arena of public service organisations. You will learn about the UK approach and review other examples of good practice including practical exercise and stories from practitioners.
What the workshop will cover
Strategic leadership, good governance and policy formulation; practical leadership skills: turning plans into action; practical leadership skills: personal effectiveness and impact. The overall objectives for the workshop are to:
- Enhance participants’ understanding of leadership in public service policy and delivery
- Develop a suite of leadership skills, including prioritising, communication, team work and change management
- Develop self-awareness and personal effectiveness.
How participants will benefit
The workshop will enable you to:
- Develop the personal leadership capability to make impact and contribute to the future of your public service
- Contribute to existing and future strategic challenges and understand the links to operational delivery
- Review and implement plans to increase leadership capability in your organisation
- Recognise the approaches and changes you can implement to enhance public service delivery
- Grow and enhance your international network and share good practice.
Please view our 2019 Brochure (opens in a PDF document)