About the workshop
Continuing pressure on the public sector, globally, to deliver more for less cost underlines the urgency for management to account for their decisions in using taxpayers’ money. Clearly defined and measurable performance objectives, complemented by robust internal monitoring and control, are key to demonstrating economic efficiency and effective delivery against those objectives.
Politicians and senior managers need assurance that systems and processes are in place to allow them to demonstrate this “value for money”. Internal audit and risk management can offer such assurance and strengthen management decisions. This workshop will show you how internal audit and risk management can add value to these systems and processes and support the achievement of organisational objectives. It sets out current good practice in both these areas and gives an excellent opportunity for you to visit a selection of public sector bodies to talk to practitioners. Case studies offer practical examples and insights during the week.
Who is it for?
The workshop is for:
- Senior managers with specific responsibility for governance, including internal audit or risk management. The workshop provides guidance on good practice developments which you can use to develop further your own governance arrangements
- Heads of internal audit and their senior managers. The workshop will familiarise you with current good practice developments and assist you in providing assurance to senior management. It also covers risk management, both as a vital management process in its own right and as a key tool in internal audit planning to focus attention where it is most needed.
How participants will benefit
The workshop is designed to allow you to:
- Discuss internal audit and risk management in the context of your organisation
- Share experience of good practice developments and practical lessons learned from their implementation in the UK and other countries
- Share your own experiences of managing and implementing risk management and internal audit
- Enable you to explore how these developments may be introduced and/or implemented in your own country.
Please view our 2019 Brochure (opens in PDF)