About the workshop
Organisations need leaders and managers and the skills of managing are essential for providing services to the public and for building the human capital to deliver an efficient and effective organisation fit for today and the future. This workshop will focus on the latest developments and skills in management and the relevance to public services and what they mean for people managing others to deliver a transformed public sector.
This workshop will equip you with a suite of advanced management skills to help you face the many challenges of day-to-day management. During the week, you will undertake a Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) psychometric assessment. The assessment will provide you with feedback on how you interact with your staff, allowing you to improve your interpersonal skills in people management, managing performance, dealing with conflict, developing staff engagement and building resilience.
The workshop will explore the key capabilities that managers need to demonstrate for the effective delivery of the public service. You will learn about the UK approaches that have been successful and and review other examples of good practice, including practical exercises and case studies from practitioners.
Who is it for?
The workshop is designed to improve management skills, knowledge and confidence of senior/middle level policy makers and managers with a view to improving overall efficiency and professionalism in public institutions.
How participants will benefit
The workshop will enable you to:
- Develop the personal management capability to make an impact and contribute to the future of your public service
- Tackle existing and future people management issues and understand the ways good management can enhance positive outcomes
- Develop self-awareness and increase your personal impact, drawing on a comprehensive, individual Myers Briggs Type Indicator Report
- Review and implement plans to increase management capability in your organisation
- Recognise the approaches you can use and changes you can implement to enhance public service delivery
- Grow and develop your international network and share good practice.
Please view our 2019 Brochure (opens in PDF)