Duration: 1 week
Location: Washington DC
Dates: 12 to 16 August 2019
Tuition fees: £2,300 (exc. VAT)
About the workshop
Is it possible to facilitate successful organisation change? Many organisations have changed direction, improved performance, transformed their relationships with customers and increased their capacity for change. However, 75% of organisation change processes fail to meet their intended aims. Organisations may be re-engineered, but organisational behaviour can often remain the same. This workshop aims to enable you to identify and harness the attitudes and behaviours embedded in successful change processes. The workshop will be practical, developing strategies for behaviour change and skills that can be used in the workplace to motivate others through key change processes in their organisation.
What the workshop will cover
- How to develop leadership skills and deliver strategies that influence organisational behaviour and improve performance
- Understanding how to influence attitudes using enhanced one-to-one skills of listening, coaching, contracting, giving and receiving feedback and motivating to build trust, confidence and self-esteem
- Creating more effective inter-personal relationships using enquiry skills and learning from emotional intelligence
- Developing teams to work more collaboratively and creatively and communicate more effectively
- Recognising resistance and practising behaviours that deal with resistance to change effectively
- Diagnosing and changing organisation culture using the competing values framework
- Understanding group dynamics, leading teams and team meetings more effectively in using systems thinking to recognise and tackle causes of failure and improve outcomes
- Understanding how to think creatively about change using mechanistic, systemic and political metaphors
- Manage your own and other people’s transitions by recognising our responses on the change curve
- Exploring collaborative and flexible approaches to change using “agile” and “scrum” methods.
How participants will benefit
This is an essential workshop for organisations that are implementing change and want to incorporate up-to-date thinking from organisational psychology to make that change effective. You will be able to diagnose your organisation’s attitudes to management and change and gain flexibility and choice over your own leadership behaviour.